Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flagstaff Frenzy

This week our "tour" across Arizona took us to Flagstaff. We left Friday and met up with our friends Mike and Jess to do a little pre-race bike ride. We had a lot of fun and let me tag along with them. This was my first "real" ride. I have only been out twice before and the first time ended after 2 minutes when I fell into a pile of bolder!!! (just a little scraped knee.) The next day Matt, Mike and Jess all raced!!! I became the official cheer leader. Jess did awesome and came in third.
(Jess receiving her third place metal)
(Matt finishing the race. This time Matt decided to do "cat 2" (don't ask for an explanation- it takes 20 minutes) so this time he did 20 mile which including a 2,000 foot climb to the top!)
(Matt and I before my first real ride. I wanted to get a picture with us next to the bikes just in case you never saw me near one again!)
(Jess coming in at the end)
(Mike getting ready to start---so calm and collected!)


1 comment:

Cindy Anderson said...

Go Lis!!!!! You are now officially one of THE Biker Babes!