A short little baby update. Carter turned 2 weeks last Thursday. I HATE that it's already been that long. She's so precious that I don't want her to grow up at all. Despite all that, I am grateful that she's a healthy baby and growing at a good rate. We took her to her 2 week wellness check and her new stats are:
Weight: 8 lb. 2 oz.
Length 21 1/2 inches
So my little girl is definitely growing. When we brought her home she had lost 7 oz. So since she has been home she has gained 1 lb and 2 oz. She's starting to get those little chubby cheeks and belly. She has almost outgrown her newborn clothes and diapers. We only have a few more newborn size diapers so I will let her finish those and then move her up! :( Pajamas that drowned her when we brought her home now fit. I don't know why I'm struggling with that but I am. It just kills me!
We also had to have her second newborn screening done at her 2 week check up. They had to poke her little heel to draw blood. I think mom cried as much as baby. That was the first time I heard her cry from "distress" I guess you would call it distress. It broke both mine and daddy's heart. She was a trooper though and only cried for a second.
We also had a little 2 week scare. On Friday I was making breakfast and suddenly felt a "gush" of liquid. I went to the bathroom only to find out that I was gushing blood. I didn't know what to do. It was coming out faster then I could control it. Luckily Matt was home and rushed to get the baby ready and we ran to the ER. I was honestly too drugged from the day to remember all the specifics of exactly what happened but basically I was clotting like crazy and my body was trying to get it out. For about 5 minutes in the ER it was like labor all over again. There was lots of contracting and my body trying to push something out. It was about as painful and it just brought all of those memories flooding back! :) They had to go in and remove all the blood clots and do a D&C. Once they got all of the blood clots out they said it made a pile about the size of a large orange. Lovely. Of course I just love the way the "EMERGENCY" room handles things. They don't treat anything like an emergency. We got there and despite us describing to them that I was gushing blood, we had to wait 15-20 minutes to go back. Then, I initially had to go back by myself while Matt found someone to watch Carter b/c they wouldn't let us bring her with us (of course they told us that after we waited 20 minutes). So while he was gone my blood pressure dropped significantly and it made the machines start beeping like crazy. It was probably a good thing b/c it wasn't until that happened that they took it all seriously. They finally checked to see how much I was bleeding and got a doctor into help. When they got it under control they called my OB doctor to come over and he decided to do the D&C to make sure it was all cleaned out. Luckily he is so awesome and was able to pull some strings to get us straight into the OR vs. having to wait all day. After the D&C everything has been great. The bleeding is almost non existent now and I feel better overall. I'm definitely not glad it happened but on a positive note I think it made the healing process go faster.
The hardest part was leaving Carter. I couldn't believe how hard that was. I couldn't wait to get her back. Unfortunately she had to have formula all day and I swear she hasn't recovered from it. Her tummy has just seemed so upset since then and she's been a little fussier. Hopefully that will all even out this week.
We've been working on tummy time and she is definitely getting stronger!
Her poor little foot after the newborn screening.
Daddy with baby. You can't really see it but her little outfit says, "Daddy dressed me!" And yes, for those of you who are wondering Matt did dress her. (Mom added the bow).
Rocking out in her bouncer.
I kid you not, we find her like this a lot!
I just thought this was so funny the other day. Normally when I lay her on the couch before I feed her the cold wakes her up a little bit. So I set her down thinking it would help to wake her up --but nope! She was so tired this time that she literally flopped her arms and legs out and went back to sleeping.
4 comments:
Lisa, I am glad to hear that you are doing okay, sounds scary :( Love your pictures of Carter and I cannot believe she is almost of out newborn diapers. We are still using them and Tessa is a month old. Guess every baby is shaped differently and so they change diaper size on their own time. Luckily I still have lots of newborn sizes so that makes me happy she is not out of them yet!
She's so beautiful Lis! Glad you are ok. Miss you
haha love the last picture. such sleepy times. Oh lisa I'm so sorry about the blood. That is awful! And all with a brand new baby. So glad you're healthy and all is well. Isn't the ER so annoying, like you said- they don't treat it like an emergency! Glad you only had to wait 25 minutes though and not longer. such a cutie baby, so happy for you!
Oh Lisa!!! What a doll you have! :) Glad you made it through the birthing process despite a few obstacles. My nurse told me that there's a hormone that women produce after birth that helps them forget what it was like. :) No wonder our gender keeps having babies!! Ha!
Post a Comment