Saturday Matt completed the Whiskey50 for the second year in a row ( a 50 mile mountain mike race). It's a pretty intense course. While Matt and his friends set goals to complete it in a certain amount of time, I only mad the goal that they all finish... and preferably without crashing or getting a flat tire. Carter and I went with them. We spent Friday evening walking around Prescott, AZ. They have a lot of cute little stores that we hit up along. My only good find though was some great coconut flavored taffy. We were also able to have with dinner with some friends and great little Italian restaurant on Whiskey Row. The next day started bright and early for ALL of us, including Carter. When Matt's alarm went off at 4:45 that was it- we were up. We were also up early the day before and up late the night before). I think for most of you, you can imagine how Carter did that day! :) Just kidding...sort of. She actually did pretty good during the day but she was definitely ready to crash that night, and all the next day, and all the next night. I think she was still a little grumpy at the baby sister's on Monday. Poor girl. I have to give her credit though for being such a trooper. We definitely had a good time. Matt did great at his race. Carter and I got to see him 1/2 way through to "feed" him. (A biking term for handing someone some water and food). :) Then he turned around and rode back UP the hill for an hour and a half! He did great...out of 288 finishers, he came in 87th. I know there were way more that started the race but didn't finish, I just don't have that number.

Hanging out in the stroller, being 100% entertained by this plastic cup.
First night in a hotel.
The race starts and finishes in the middle of town on Whiskey Row. This is Matt coming in at the end and rounding the last corner.
Matt was so excited to be done.
Carter was so excited to start playing her games with daddy again! :)
She's clearly very obsessed with grabbing faces right now! :)
2 comments:
Go Matt!
Way to go Matt! Great pictures!
Post a Comment