Sunday, September 27, 2015

Carter turns 3

Carter has been talking about her birthday for months!   She would always say to me, "Birthday- jumpy house, cupcake-pink."  She would get very excited and animated and tell you she was having a jumping castle with pink cake.  As it got closer she started adding to her list.  She also wanted a pink microwave and a watch like daddy except she wanted her to be pink.  She also started saying, Mommy's birthday earlier, Carter's birthday coming."  I was getting little worried that she would really notice if I didn't have every one of those things for her but just like a true 3 year old about two weeks before her birthday she got tired of waiting and moved right on to Halloween. She stopped asking for things for her birthday and just would say over and over that she was going to be a witch for Halloween.  However, once her birthday actually came and we started celebrating she got pretty excited again.  We didn't come through with the jumping castle or the pink microwave but she seemed pretty satisfied with the pink watch and the pink cupcake!  
When the day was over and we were driving home from Grandma's I explained to her how her birthday was over and we'd have to wait a long time for another one.  She started crying (a sweet little cry) and said, "I want a new one!"  LOVE HER!!!!






SUCCESS!!!!



No comments: