Happy 4th of July...a little late. I must say this is one of my favorite holidays. Next to the entire Christmas season this is the best. I think this is because in Gunnison we always made a big deal about the 4th. There's fireworks and carnivals and parades and the best part is a huge family BBQ at Grandma's. Well, I didn't get to go to that this year. Boo!!! Instead I got to go camping (she says sarcastically) :)! I'm not a camper and I could blame my dad because he never took us camping but truthfully I just thank him. I've never felt that the time you put into camping is worth what you get out of it. This weekend we loaded the camper and went and I think that if I kept track of the hours that I spent getting it ready and then taking it all down and cleaning everything, that it would be more than the actual time I spent in the mountains (She says with a frown). Now, for the more optimistic part of the weekend. We did this so Matt, his dad, and his 2 best friends could shoot in an archery tournament up at Sunrise ski resort. Bonnie (his mom), Jess (Best friend's wife), and I decided we would support them and go. They had a lot of fun shooting and seeing friends there so it was good after all. Below are some of the pictures from the weekend. We did manage to have some fun even if we were camping! :)
The girls made sure we had a great 4th of July BBQ. Bonnie and Jess brought a ton of decorations and we definitely had the most patriotic campground there.
Here's Matt and I in front of some of the decorations. He was kind enough to put his bow down for 30 seconds to take a picture. That's not sarcasm, that's the truth. They shot the entire time we were there.
Oh, wait, I take that back. He also took the time to show me how to shoot. This is me shooting my first bow. hahahahahaha. I was pretty good for a first timer.
Here's matt shooting at one of the targets. He didn't win the tournament but he won what they call the "smoker" round. You get one arrow and there's all these hard targets including targets with metal rings around them to try to break your arrow. Anyway, he did really well and won it. So that was exciting and it kind of made the tournament worth it.
So, I hope everyone had a great 4th of July.
2 comments:
I didnt get to go to grandmas either. Boo too. But I at least didn't have to go camping. ha ha to you little missy. j/k looks like you had a good time.
Hi Lisa,
We almost made it up there with you guys. Looks like fun...but I don't mind a little camping, even though you're right about the effort it takes! I went and shot my bow with Sean and the kids this week up at Usery Park. We had fun!
I think I like it because I don't have other distractions when we're out camping...just a fun time with my family!
So, I'm guessing that you guys missed the fireworks. We missed them, and I hate that! It doesn't feel like the 4th without them!
Have a great week,
Lisa
Post a Comment