Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's over!!!

So this is the moment that probably only my mom and I have been anxiously waiting for. I finally graduated with my masters degree. I just got done with my last quarter at Midwestern University. I now will officially get a diploma in Occupational Therapy. It is still to be determined if I will get to practice as a therapist here. I now have to take my boards in December and if I pass I will start working in the new year! Hooray. To celebrate Matt took me to dinner at he Phoenician, a resort over in Scottsdale. It was really nice and fun...ny. It's one of thoe places that my aunt LuAnn and sisters would make fun of me for going to because I immediately start looking for the most "American" or normal foods on the menu when I know deep down there are not any. I couldn't order the ceasar salad because I knew it would have anchovies in it and of course it did. As you can see by Matt's picture it came with full ones and the gross part is that he hate them...whole. Gross!!! Everything was made from duck liver or squid ink. I was nervous to try anything because of course they don't say duck liver, they have code names for it and you have to read between the lines...or ask your waiter. I finally settled on he vegetarian soup and a chicken dish. I made a good choice. It was good and I left full. Here are the pics:




See the grossness. And worse...Matt eating it.


The cards and flowers Matt got me along with the end of my countdown I had made to the last day.

9 comments:

Andre, Melissa and Jolie said...

Okay that is just plain gross about the anchovies! I think you made a good ordering decision! Congratulations on your masters! That is alot of hard work!!!

~LisaLou~ said...

Wow Lisa! Congratulations!
I am so proud to be your cousin! At least one of us Lisa Liljenquist's are smart! (JK. I'll get there someday!)
Good luck on your boards!
Love you guys, Lisa

Shilo said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!! Good luck with your boards! How nice to be done with school...and your Master's at that!! Way to go!!

Sorensen's said...

Lisa I am so proud of you! How are things? I'm glad you graduated with a Master's. Good luck with the boards...I have no doubt you'll do wonderful on them.

Victor and Jennika said...

CONGRATS!! I am so proud!

The Hansens said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!!!!

Shawna and Daniel Bates said...

Congrats on your diploma that "actually" means something :) I hope you love it!!!! Good luck with your Board Exams

AMY AND MIKEY said...

congratulations!!!! i'm so proud of you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

This is going to sound strange- but I wanted to tell you- when I read your blog- I really feel the spirit, I can just tell you are really living the gospel and are truly happy. I bet you didn't know your testimony and spirit could affect someone all the way in oregon!- well it did! love you!