So, today was a beautiful Arizona day. The sun was shining, it was too hot for a jacket and you had to turn your air conditioning on in the car. Because of all this I decided to take break from studying and go wash my car in the driveway. Well, as I was srcrubbing away it hits me that Christmas is two weeks away. TWO WEEKS!.. and I'm outside in capris, flipflops and a t-shirt washing my car. No wonder I don't feel like it's Christmas yet and I've barely given Christmas shopping a thought...and that's weird for me because I usually have lists going the day it remotely gets cold enough for hot chocolate and I'm planning what to get everyone. Well, not this year. So I realized that if I'm going to live in AZ for the rest of my life I'm going to have to come up with a better plan for Christmas or I could potentially become a scrooge. Hahahahah..not a chance. Now don't think I've completely forgot about Christmas. When Matt and I went to Utah my dad helped us cut a tree down for our house. It was legal, we bought the tag, paid the money and cut the tree. Well, I must say they did a good job. They went up Wed. scouting for the perfect trees and went back Sat. to get them. My dad called back and said he wants this tee back. I told him too late it was in and decorated. So here's a picture of our tree. I know it's not that great but you all get the general idea.
10 comments:
The weather thing can be a real drag. We experienced the same thing in SC. Infact we have a picture of some guy putting up his Christmas lights in a tank top and boxer shorts. WE thought it would make a good red neck post card. I went to change the background on my blog and then realized that I had put on the exact same background as you. So I changed it.
Have a very Merry Christmas even in the warmth.
Your tree looks wonderful. Have a Merry Christmas!
Rashelle
love the tree, sounds like it was fun. Hey I am just glad to hear that is legal this year. Shirlyn
U R Soooooooooo LUCKY!!! It has been snowing since saturday morning i dont think i'll see my lawn till february or march. wow i wish i was in arizona!
Brittney
Oh man, I am so jealous of your weather! I am sitting here with inches of snow on the ground outside and freezing! And I'm jealous of your real tree. My house is too small. :( But it looks beautiful! Merry Christmas!
I will trade you any day for another day on capris and flip flops. I had to scrape my windows today while wearing a coat, sweater, jacket and a shirt on. Not my type of fun...ha ha. Your tree looks great. I have mine up and ready to go :)
I love your tree. Have a wonderful Arizona Christmas! It snowed yesterday for the first time in New York!
I was talking to Nubia and it is actually summer time in Brazil right now. So for New Year's Eve they all go to the beach to watch the lights. I thought maybe that would make you feel better about your warm weather. My kids are all jealous of your warm weather. They show everyone your Christmas card(which is very cute by the way) and say,"THis is my Aunt Lisa, she lives in a house with a pool and it's warm in Arizona." Merry Christmas." Can't wait to see you.
Lisa,
Just checked my blog and to answer your question: we will be in God's country on the 29th till the 6th, so we will get to see you and Lee it sounds like. Hope you have a merry christmas. Looks like you might have gotten some snow?
Peace out-
T and Am.
Hey maybe you should post your Christmas card on your blog!
Post a Comment