Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Small Town USA

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I know I did. I ditched my husband for the week and went to small town, USA for a great celebration. I don't know what it is about small towns but they can really throw a great party. These pictures are acting up and are out of order and not letting me type in between them so I will do the best I can. For more pix you can check out my facebook account in a day or two. I will also try to post a few later.




I was even in culture shock here at the Salina rodeo. Megan told me that were going to sit on the hill at the arena. Little did I know I needed hiking shoes. There were weeds, rocks, stickers, the works. This is how we finished off the day of the 4th. The pics below are of the parade and BBQ at Grandmas. Megan and I stole the twins to take them down the slide so that we would have a good excuse to go too! I don't know who had more fun- us or the twins!

















Look at all their loot. I can't believe how much candy they got.




If you can see this combine (spelling may be wrong and I'm not going to check it) in the back it would dump candy out of the shooter thing. Funny huh?
Too cool Lee at the parade.


Brittney and Courtney trying to get some shade.
Well, I hope you enjoyed some pictures. Sorry the post is a little scrambled.























4 comments:

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

I love the pics. Can you make me a CD of all the pictures of the weekend.

berry family said...

Cute pictures. I agree small town fourth of July is the best!
Rashelle

The Cox Family said...

We missed being there. Thanks for the candy. I was missing good old salt water taffy from the 4th. Gracie shared with me (of course all the kinds she didn't like) but at least I got some Shirlyn

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Lisa, I keep thinking I'm going to write thankyou notes, but i just don't have it in me right now. I wanted to thankyou so much for your card. I thought it really applied to us specifically, the part where it said- you would make me cookies, because I know you would if you lived here! It made me smile, and it made me tell Mike some stories about us, and how we always made cookies. Thankyou so much for your prayers and thoughts. Every prayer is felt Lisa. I can't imagine doing this without all the support. It has amazed me how caring everyone is, people that i don't even know that well are praying for me. It is really amazing. Again, thankyou so much. can you believe that spleen? Any time I look at it I swear it gets bigger. My hair's falling out so I'm going to shave my head- but ofcourse I have to do some once in a life time haircuts- I'm thinking mullet....so look out for a good post coming up :) Love you