Friday, February 12, 2010

Wild Sheep Foundation

Well, I took my first trip to Reno, Nevada. No, not to gamble (so sinful) but to go to the Wild Sheep Foundation big fundraiser. It was interesting to say the least. Matt got asked to present some of the archery sheep awards at the awards banquet and I felt like that was a big deal and we needed to go. Let's just say it put the local banquets to shame! I could not believe the money that was thrown around. One tag went for 280,000 thousand dollars!. Whoa!!!! Anyway, it was fun and worth it. Here are a few pics...really just of the convention we didn't get out to Reno much.
Look how cool. Don't you just love this giraffe. I totally want one of these in our house one day. (It's a really giraffe)

This is a picture of the table at the "Lady's Luncheon." I only posted one picture of this event but it was very fancy. The theme was "Diamonds and Dice." It was packed full of good food, auctions and fashion show including camo and fur!! Well, the only thing good about the food was they served dessert firs (chocolate covered strawberries).
I never realized how huge a moose is. This picture doesn't even do it justice. It's bigger than bears. I mean compare it to the little sheep in the background.
Matt helping to give out the awards to all the cowboys.
I didn't have to pull Matt away from gambling, just the candy machines!!
This was the final banquet...also very fancy but I won't bore you with the pictures. It even had this really cool ice sculpture of a rams head...crazy!.

2 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that is hilarious. OK. so I love stuffed animals too, does that make us a little special as in... mental disorder? I knew someone with a huge stuffed bear in their house and I loved it. I always thought it would be cool to have a giraffe too or alligator, - this convention is so funny. you look cute in your pics, glad you're doing well.

The Cox Family said...

Ok so are you going to make me beat out that trip for best vacation. I can see the standards were high but I am up for the challenge. I cant wait for you guys to come!!!!