Saturday, April 17, 2010

Strawberries

Matt and I were so excited to go to Fry's the other night and find what we've been searching for for over a year....Strawberries with the long stems. They are usually bigger and perfect for dipping in chocolate. This all stems (haha) from our trip to Sedona last year. We went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bought the most amazing chocolate covered strawberries. They were huge, had the stems and we're probably the best chocolate covered strawberries we have ever had. We were a little naive to the cost and ended up spending 4.50 a strawberry!! Here in phoenix they're sold by the pound and they are definitely smaller. So when I ordered the same amount over the phone I was expecting to pay the same amount. Matt and I had called the store to see if they were open and they said they would stay a few minutes late for us to come and get them. We rush over there and when we walked in I saw that there prices were 4.50 a strawberry. I looked at Matt and asked him if I read that wrong. We about died but we couldn't just walk away they stayed open for us and made them special for us. I think we spent 50 dollars in strawberries that day but we decided they worth every dollar spent. Well, we finally found our own and used Dove's chocolate. Average cost per strawberry 50 cents.
Before:
After

3 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my goodness, I cannot believe your story about strawberries- so I'm a little confused, were the ones that were 4.50 each already dipped? Never thought of using Dove, good idea. Mmm that picture is mouth watering.

LuAnn Sorensen said...

yum yum!

The Cox Family said...

Yummy that makes my mouth water!!! Shirlyn