Saturday, November 6, 2010

Life Update

Well, I have nothing super exciting to talk about but thought I would give a quick update on our life. It seems like we've been so busy yet up to absolutely nothing!
Work has been super busy. It seems like things have really been out of control. Loads of meetings and tons of paperwork. With the override election not passing here that means another 2% salary cut if I stay with this district. That would be like 5-7% cut in 2.5 years...so I don't think I'll be staying with this district. The gap between schools and hospitals is more like 20 thousand now so I can't really justify it anymore. It's been really nice having summers and holidays off but I might have to say good bye to that....or find a title one district where they have to pay you more!!! :) Decisions, decisions.
I may or may not have gone on a shopping spree today, but I will tell you it was SUPER fun. I decided to ditch all my cleaning and errands to go shopping. I just needed a little break. I started with pretzel at the mall (which I rarely do because they're such a rip off), then I headed to shop. We finally got a DownEast in our mall so I of course went crazy there. Got a couple of cute skirts and a cardigan. Then I went to AE and got a few cute accessories such as a scarf and jewelry. I think that was the first time I enjoyed shopping by myself...but it did make me miss my sisters like crazy!!! OH- then I topped it all off with a trip to Target and walked up and down the Christmas aisles multiple times. It made me so happy!
I'm going to Utah in about a week and a half to help my mom when she has surgery. It's time to re-construct apparently. Hopefully everything will work out. She's going to be in the hospital for 4-7 days. I figured she would like some company while she's there. Not sure how great my dad will be at that! :)
Matt's been busy too. He's taken some guiding opportunities this fall which has been good for him. He was gone almost the whole month of September...so glad that's over. He also is a lucky duck and got a new truck. He sold his big one a few months ago and hasn't replaced it. We finally got him a Toyota Tacoma.


4 comments:

Victor and Jennika said...

I agree...shopping on your own can be super lame but sometimes that great find makes it all worth it. Wish your mom didn't live so far away so we could catch up. :( Good luck finding a new job!

Shirece said...

FYI...I hope nobody from works reads your blog. Well I had a great shopping spree as well this week by myself. I really needed you there.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Great update. So are you getting a new job then? I was a little bit confused about that situation- That is awful that Matt was gone for so long- that would be really hard! Glad it's over. That's cool he got a new truck, my dad used to have a toyota tacoma. That's nice you're going to take care of your mom during surgery. Shopping.... ahhhh. I have the opposite problem, none of my sisters like to shop with me, because I take TOO LONG- ha. So I mostly go by myself! But I am so much better than I used to be. I'm glad you got to get some new things, it's so fun to get new things.

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

sounds like the kind of day i need. It was great to see you for a day or so. Can't wait to see you at Christmas.