Monday, January 2, 2012

Hiking in Superstitions

Matt and I both had some time off this past week so we decided to go hiking in the Superstition Mountains. This is a pretty popular spot to go hiking and there were plenty of people but if you hiked far enough back the people stopped coming and you could really enjoy the landscape.
I just included a bunch of pictures of Saguaro cactus and at the bottom included some fun facts you may not know about the cactus! ENJOY!!




Fun Facts about Saguaro Cactus:
1. The arms on a saguaro only grow after the saguaro is 15 ft. tall and around 75 years old!
2. Saguaros only grow in the Sonoran Desert which is part of Arizona, California and Mexico
3. They live to be a 150-200 years old
4. It's the largest cactus in the US
5. Roots are only 4-6 inches deep but spread as far wide as the cactus is tall

(Since this isn't a report I didn't site my references...but I just googled it all in case you were wondering or wanted to check the accuracy) :)

1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ok- so I just looked at your pics on facebook and I tried to comment but for some reason facebook was being really slow, so I hopped on here instead. Your pics are GORGEOUS! You are so GORGEOUS LISA! Those pics are so beautiful, I sincerely hope you have those all over your house.