Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Spring in nutshell

This spring (Feb/March) was pretty busy for us!  Carter and I went to St. George for our annual girl's trip to Parade of Homes.  Shirece had 2 homes this year along with a model!  They were beautiful and perfect as usual!  Can't wait until I get her to design a home for me! :)  We also took an afternoon to picnic and roam around Dixie Rock.  
 I know she looks happy here, but she was pretty grumpy because it was the middle of nap time.  We got one good picture in! :)
 In front of one of the homes Shirece did the interior design for.


 Everyone at Dixie Rock!  It was SOO windy!
 Matt rode in El Tour de Mesa with the usual bike crew.  They did AWESOME as usual and made platinum! Carter and I showed up at the end to cheer them on through the finish line!
 He should be sprinting to the finish line but he opted for a wave to his little cutie (Carter)!
 I also ran my first official 1/2 marathon in March!  It was fun to train for and accomplish!!  The forecast said heavy rain all day so I was really nervous but it was PERFECT.  It rained through the first mile and then just a nice overcast for the remainder!
 We don't mess around here in AZ.  50-60 degrees is cold! :) They provided some nice heaters to warm up around before the race (it was the least they could do making us start at 6:00 a.m).

Pre-race dinner the night before.  Carter loved her oreo cookie and the lady at the next table who kept her giggling! :)

They even let off fireworks before the race!  Phoenix Rocks!!!

1 comment:

Victor and Jennika said...

Congrats on your half marathons! Especially the uphill one-that is awesome! Carter is adorable-one day we need to get our little girls together! Miss you!