Thursday, March 12, 2015

Funny the things you never thought you'd miss...

I'm glad we got to spend these past couple of weeks on the farm. We go to say our own "goodbyes" to the cows. While they had sold all of the milk cows a month earlier they still had a few calves, heffers, and steers. Carter and I took a walk the first day down to the "baby moo moos." As we walked passed many of the empty pens she would say, "uh oh, no more," and then she began checking the remaining calves buckets to see if they had food. On Sunday, March 8th we got to watch them move the last calves from their individual pens to the corrals. That was it...no more baby cows! All of us girls followed the working boys around snapping pictures. Every once in a while dad would give us directions to follow like, "fan out over there and make sure the cows don't get by." Sharon finally admitted, "I didn't know what that meant when I was a little girl and I still don't know what that means." HaHa. I think dad enjoyed all of us being there and he even posed for a few pictures with us. He then took us all for a truck ride to see the steers and the rest of the farm.

No comments: