Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye to summer is always hard for me.  It usually means I spent most of the summer being lazy and visiting family but most importantly it means I got to spend more time with my girls.  Every summer I make some crazy, outrageously long to-do-list that usually doesn't even get touched. This summer was no different. I thought I would get Carter's big girl bedroom ready, put her in a toddler bed, organize every closet and cupboard, you get the idea.  Instead, I just enjoyed hanging out with my girls and my trip to Utah.  
This summer I only went once (thanks to some swimming lessons and the fear of making the drive on my own three times instead of once) at the end of July.  Carter, Blakely and I drove up on our own and spent a week and then Matt flew up to spend some time and drive home with us!  This year was extra special because Shirlyn and her family got to join us for a few days.  We almost had everyone together-maybe next year! Usually when we get everyone together we're really good about wasting all of our time sitting around talking but because we only had three days together we didn't want to waste them so we packed them full of fun things.  Day one: Maple Grove.

Maple Grove is a pretty campground around 30 minutes from home.  I have to admit, even though I grew up there I think I had only been to maple grove once in my life.  We packed a picnic and planned to do some hiking but once we got there we found out that the advertised 3 mile hike was pretty intense and not recommended for kids.  So instead we found the creek and the kids played until we saw a water snake.  That means trips over for me! :)  



















No comments: