Saturday, May 31, 2008

Where to begin?

This has been an extremely crazy week for us.  I went to Canada/Washington with my sister Shirece and my "cousin" LuAnn.  We had a lot of places to go.  We flew into Seattle, drove up to the border, took a ferry to Vancouver Island, repeated that process backwards and then drove over to Colfax (Spokane) to Ashley's (my old roommate) wedding.  It was incredibly fun.  We spent time shopping, touring the island, whale watching, bike riding, etc.  We were able to go to Butchart Gardens which was amazing.  It was here that I discovered that my new favorite flowers are pink tulips.  I fell in love with them and made them take pictures of me with the pink tulips.  

We had a ton of fun giggling and catching up.  This was more of a reunion for the three of us.  We used to do a  lot more together but that has been put on hold as Shirece was in Logan and me in Arizona.  Shirece and LuAnn were embarrassing at times :) but I was able to deal with it. 
 


The island was truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life.  Matt got very excited when I called him and told him he needs to go hunting up there so I can go back.  I'm shocked he hasn't already booked a hunt.  I don't have a ton of great pictures but there are some great ones on my sisters site if you want to look at more.  Her link is under my friends - Shirece.  

ASHLEY'S WEDDING
 
The last thing we did while on vacation, and the inspiration for this trip, was my old roommate Ashley's wedding reception.  I couldn't go to Ashley's wedding in Utah because of school and I was very sad and very determined to make the reception in Washington.  So I had a great idea to convince Shirece to go to Canada with me and then end up in Washington.  I really wanted to go to Ashley's wedding.  When I moved down here Ashley and I took a huge leap of faith on each other and moved in together.  We were both looking for roommates and had not had any luck.  It was literally like a week before we were both moving to AZ that we found each other.  We never met and knew nothing about each other.  We just both knew that we had been praying for something to work out and it did.  Ashley and I both will say it was not chance that we ended up together.  It really was an answer to our prayers. Ashley was such a great roommate and we became such good friends.  It was just the two of us for over a year.  We really loved living together and I really could not have asked for better.  Ashley married Jonathan and I'm so happy for both of them.  Ashley, of course, looked amazing and everything looked so good.  It really was beautiful.  I'm excited for them to be back in Phoenix so we can do things together.  However, I'm very sad because Jonathan is going to medical school in New York which means in the fall Ashley will move away. The only plus side of that is now I have an excuse to go visit! I'm really glad I was able make it to the wedding reception. 



5 comments:

The Cox Family said...

beware of practical jokes! we will pay matt back!
nobody.

Shilo said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Fun. Isn't it so green on the west coast? It is beautiful. I'm glad you could experience the liberal green west coast :)

Julie said...

You lucky girl! Girl trips are the best. This looks like fun. Glad you got to go to the wedding reception.

Anonymous said...

This is kind of embarrassing because I'm just reading this post for the first time(I seriously need to do a better job at keeping up on everyone's blogs)! Anyway, thanks so much for coming to the reception Lisa! It was so fun to have you there! And...Amen to the roommate thing. It was such a blessing that we ended up finding each other. You were such an awesome roommate! Good memories!