Saturday, June 7, 2008

One HOT Week!!

This has been a big week for our family.  Deven (Shirlyn's husband) graduated from medical school at Midwestern University.  This is a huge accomplishment and we are very excited for him and his family.  They left this morning to fly to Hawaii where they will be living for the next five years as he completes his residency.  However, much to my delight my entire family decided to make the trek down here for the graduation.  We had a great week filled with tons of activities and lots of fun. This blog will be loaded with tons of info pics. I hope you enjoy.

DEVEN'S GRADUATION
I've already mentioned this but Deven graduated from medical school this week.  He is officially a doctor so he can now demand more respect and more money! :)  He got accepted into a radiology program in Hawaii and that is where they will live for the next 5 years.  It's sad to see her go but it sure is nice to have a connection in Hawaii!!!  
The night before graduation they had a huge banquet for the Seniors.  Shirlyn received an award for the best supporting spouse...or something along those lines. I may have messed up the exact wording.  She was excited and she definitely deserved it. 
This is a nice shot of their family on graduation day.  That is there daughter Gracie..what a pill. 
After graduation we threw Deven a big celebration party.  We had a BBQ at mine and Matt's house.  It was loads of fun.  We had lots of good food, went swimming and hung out for one last time before they left us.   There will be more pictures of that party later. 


This is Brian (one of Sharon's twins).  He was so cute playing on this raft. He was so happy splashing in the water.  
Girl time!!!  All the girls broke away for lunch one afternoon.  Deven was so nice and offered to babysit all 7 kids so that we could go to lunch.  It's very rare that all of us girls get to be together... especially alone.  We took my mom to the Olive Garden because she has never been there before and we just couldn't believe it. No one has as good as salad and breadsticks as the OG.  It was way fun.  
I tried to plan lots of things for the kids to do.  We went to a candy factory and learned how they make yummy chocolate.  We even got sample some.  I also planned some crafts for them. We painted frame so they could put a picture of their trip in it and we also made these "beach in a bottle" crafts.  They turned out really cute and the kids had fun making them.  It definitely helped to keep them entertained during the afternoon when it was too hot to go swimming. 


To help cool off we took the kids to a splash park.  it was fun and Brian of course loved it.   Everyone else got cold very quickly and stopped playing. 


One more shot of all the girls on the putting green. 

Of course it wouldn't be a party in AZ if we didn't go swimming.  All of the kids had fun swimming and would have spent the entire week in the pool if we didn't make them do other things.  

This week was so much fun and I'm so glad my family could come down and spend it with me and be here for Deven's graduation.  It's so crazy that that will be me next year.  (Just for the record I am done in November they just won't let me walk until next year!) :)  I hope everyone will come back so we can do it all over again. Same time, same place, next year!  Love you all.  Thanks for coming to stay with me.  


7 comments:

berry family said...

Those were neat pictures to see of you and your family. I am glad you have a place for everyone to stay. The pool is always a hit with any kid.
Rashelle (favorite cousin)j/k

Aapree said...

How fun! Spending time with family is great. I didn't realize how much you and your sisters look so much alike! You're all gorgeous! Keep posting ... I love it! Let's catch up soon. :)

The Cox Family said...

Thanks for the place and once again for the great hospitality we'll do it again next year
shirlyn

The Cox Family said...

One more thing can I get you to email me those pictures of the olive Garden and of course my award pic and the one of all of us around the hot tub I don't have those pictures
thanks Shirlyn

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Lisa! It looks like you had so much fun! What a great house to have a get together, with the pool- especially with the kids. I'm so glad you got to see your family. Your house looks so nice I wish you would take pictures of all of it! But I know you won't because you'll be afraid people think you are bragging- but I know you aren't :) I'm so happy for you.

Julie said...

Great pictures! What a memorable time. It is cool so many people were there.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations to the two of you! I came a across your blog, when looking for someone else. It has been a long time since we have talked. Matt this is Chrissy your old high school friend. I saw your pictures of you and your wife, and I am extremly happy for you.
I have a 15 mnth. old son and a 5yr. old daughter. Never been so blessed in my life. It would be great to hear from you, and to introduce are families to one another. Email me if you would like at hbcalichris@yahoo.com. I hope to hear from you guyes soon, and congradulations again. Love Chrissy and family