Monday, January 12, 2009
Lee Comes Home
So I have loads to report about. The first and most important thing is that my little brother came home from the mission. These pics aren't in order but I don't want to switch them. So this first is Lee with his festive light filled welcome home sign. Sorry he's washed out because I took the picture facing the window but you have to understand that when you've got Lee's attention you have to act quick because it comes and goes really quick. :)
We of course made Lee take us spotlighting because this was one of our favorite past times of ours. We used to make bowls of popcorn and drive around listening to music and spotlighting all the animals.
Here's a picture of everyone at the airport. This was quite a fiasco which is a fancy word disaster. Ok, not quite a disaster...but close. I was supposed to land in Salt Lake at 7, Lee at 7:30. I was cutting it close but I thought if I planned it right I could see him at his gate not at the baggage claim. So of course my flight gets delayed and I don't get there until almost 8. I was sure I missed him completely, and I was even more worried because apparently we all forgot to tell my dad I was worried he would leave me at the airport. Anyway, long story short. I get off my plane, realize I'm in terminal 2 he's coming in at terminal 1. So I book it praying that his flight is delayed as well. I was literally running between terminals. One guy told me to slow down or I'd get a ticket. But I couldn't. So I ran there and got there with just a few minutes to spare to see him walk out. (his flight was delayed a little bit too). Thank goodness you can always count on delayed flights huh? My flight back was delayed an hour too. Note to self: Never fly around the holiday or in the winter because even if it's 70 degrees the snow in Boise is going to make you late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah!!!! I'm so glad you got to see Lee! That's so exciting! I remember when we were both sending our brothers off on their missions around the same time two years ago. The time has really flown by--wow! I bet your family is so excited to have him back.
Post a Comment