Thursday, January 29, 2009

WAITING

So I finally have good news. I passed my boards. I wasn't supposed to find out how I did until tomorrow but I woke up and checked just in case. When I saw that I had passed I about died. I was jumping up and down. I called Matt first of course and then I called my parents. However, I got my dad. As I'm out breath I tell him I passed my test his response was of course, "you got a job?" Because as Sorensens you only go to school to get a job. If you don't have a job when you're done school was a waste. Ok, so that's a little dramatic but kind of not. So anyway this has just been a long few months of waiting. I wanted to take my test before Christmas but I couldn't because the testing center was full. The first available date was the 12th of Jan. So I WAITED until then to take the test. Then, I thought they scored the test twice a month and I would find out that week. Well, nope, not in Jan of 2009. They were only going to score the test once at the end of the month. BOO! So I had to WAIT some more. Then I have to get licensed and I called for two weeks and sent e-mails for two weeks with no response...more WAITING. Finally, I had to just drive to their office and figure it out, then they tell me my fingerprints may not be back in time for the Feb. meeting and I may have to wait until March to get my license. However, she was finally really nice and told me she would try to help me to get them here for the Feb. Meeting. Anyway, long story short. It's a lot of WAITING. I had no idea it would take this long. I don't know if this is the norm or if I'm an exception but WOW! I think the main problem was that I had to wait an extra month to take the test. I was going to take it one month after graduating but I ended up having to WAIT two. Well, thanks for listening to all my random thoughts. Oh, I guess I should also tell you that I have a job lined up with Deer Valley School District. I'm excited because this is the district we live in so all the schools are really close. That's why I'm so anxious to get my license.

8 comments:

~LisaLou~ said...

Congratulations Lisa! That's really exciting. I bet that was a hard wait!
Good luck getting that job soon!
~Lisa

Kristi said...

Congratulations! That is great! Way to go!

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

Congratulations, I am so proud of you. I knew you would pass. Good luck with the liscensing process. I hope it all goes smoothly and quickly.

Shirece said...

Wait, you forgot to add that Sorensens also believe that if you don't get a three figure job out of college than you should just go back to school. Right...Right...
College here I come back to you!!!

Cindy Anderson said...

Yeah...Lis! Way to go! You will be an excellent OT at the schools you'll work in.

Victor and Jennika said...

CONGRATS! Lisa, that is so awesome! I am very excited for you! Also, what a great job!

Jen said...

Congrats Lis! Wow, how are you going to handle life without school?

Randi said...

Congrats! That's pretty awesome.