I was so excited for this last week to come because my little brother Lee was coming to visit. He had a javelina tag and Matt and I were going to take him hunting. We had a lot of fun. The first day he was here I made him help me pick fruit and then we went out shooting to make sure the guns were ok to for the hunt the next day. We also took him to Bass Pro Shop. Neither Matt nor I had been there so it was really fun for all three of us. It was way cooler than Cabela's. The next day we woke up at 2 a.m. (yes 2 a.m.) to make the trip to the hunting unit. It was 3.5 hours away. I had no idea or I would have made Matt put in for a different unit. Anyway, by the time we get ready, pick up Matt's dad and get there it is 7 a.m. So we hurried out hoping we weren't too late. About 9 a.m. Lee spotted the herd of Javelina. I was really excited that he found them because this was his hunt and it makes it that much more awesome. It was a huge herd with like 16 pigs (javelina). So by the time we get around to where we can get a good shot they start moving and then they started bedding down for the afternoon and it was almost 12 p.m. So we sit and wait for almost 2.5 hours for these things to get back up. I felt bad for Lee because he sat out in the sun just waiting for them. He got quite the sunburn. Anwyay, we had our eye on a particular pig, and it finally got up and Lee made an amazing shot and the Javelina fell with one shot. The herd and this javelina had no idea what even happened. Anyway, I had a tag too but didn't get one- Thank goodness. That's a whole other story but I don't want to tell it. :) This was Lee's day and I just wanted him to get one. He did great and he was so excited for it.

Here is a picture of the terrain. It's kind of hard to see but there is just a ton of cactus everywhere. This was a new experience for Lee hunting in all of this. He's used to Utah.

Here is a picture of Lee and I at Cabella's. This huge elephant is potentially the only thing that makes Cabella's just as cool as Bass Pro shop.
This is at Bass Pro Shop and they have this who fountain/waterfall thing going on which was really cool. It was just really dark in there so I don't have any other cool pictures of the place.
And now, the pictures you've all been waiting for...the Javelina. This is Lee's pig. They're kind of ugly animals huh? Anyway, he got a big old boar which is perfect. This picture doesn't show it but it had some huge teeth on it. I think Lee was really excited about it and so were we. So congrats to him!!

5 comments:
Sorry about the sunburn and congratulations on the pig, not the proper term, I know. Is Lee coming to the gradutation party in June. I called Mom last night and she mentioned Lee was on his way home from ARizona. How are things coming for your liscense.
Yeah Lee got a pig. Looks like so much fun. I can see the pig... but where are you guys. (ha ha ha)I can't see you.
I am just loving this picture of you in camo! lisa lisa lisa- you married the perfect guy for you. he must think he's the luckiest guy in the world to have a wife that would get down and dirty, shooting guns, hunting- that is just so funny. I love you. I'm so glad you're happy and have you ever shot an animal? Like- killed one? I knew you were a little wild west girl, but I am not aware of any animals- I'd really like to hear what you have hunted- this is just a crack up. Mike really wants me to go shooting with him, but all the places are like an hour away and the driving just sounds like such a drag- I know- lazy girl. I can't believe you got up so early to hunt! yowsa! Glad you're doing well!
That is pretty awesome. I hope lee gets it mounted. I know I'd want something that ugly in my house! I'm pretty jealous though. keep the hunting posts coming.
(tyler)
I knew we were true soul mates. I love Gilmore girls- I own half of them, but my mom and sisters own all of them. Mike calls them "Garbage Girls". he hates it when I watch them! And he says "nobody talks that fast in real life." ha. Thankyou for your comments. I also feel education is very important which is why I kept pushing through. And the main reason is the prophet told us to, so i know we need to. Hunting- oh my gosh, I think if I were put into that position, had a gun in my hands and saw a deer, I don't know if i could bring myself to kill it! Now, a rat or an annoying bird I could kill, but some peaceful animal, i think I would just start freaking out inside and freeze! I also support mike in his hunting, and I'm glad you support matt, but like you said, I don't know if I could do it. Does Matt hope for all boys? Mike always jokes how we're going to have all boys. I love you!
Post a Comment