
So, lately I've been thinking about life and how what goes around comes around. So my sister Shirece calls me upset about something her "boyfriend" (boy that's a friend) said to her the other day while they were eating. They went to Subway and she asked if he could eat a footlong. He said "No." So she asked if he would care if she did. He responded with a remark like, "Wow, that's attractive." Of course that launched a whole discussion on the issue of how boys always complain that girls don't eat on dates but then they complain when they eat too much. So as you can guess how the story goes he proceeds to tell her that he doesn't want his wife to gain weight. (Adding quickly that pregnancy weight is different) Now girls, if you're thinking that your husband isn't like that...YOU'RE WRONG. He may say that he doesn't to be nice and you may believe him and that's cute, but not realistic. Men are weird about this I've decided. Well, as she calls me not sure how to handle this I relate my story of the first time Matt and I had the discussion. First of all to set the stage at the time I was training with my sister for our annual pseudo 1/2 marathon (to be explained later). So I was running A LOT. So Matt and I go out to eat and I'm eating my dinner and I'm not even 1/2 way through and I made the comment that this food was soooo good and I was sooo hungry. Well, he turns and says, "Wow, are you going to eat all that?" I said, "Yes, it takes a lot of calories to sustain my life." He responded with, "Well, what happens when it doesn't take a lot of calories to sustain your life?" Normally that would signal to me that I needed to break with someone...and would but love is blind and I still went forward! :) However, not with out a long discussion about the facts of life and a girl potentially gaining weight even if she's taking care of herself... Anyway, why do I tell you all of that? Because Matt is the one who has gained ALL of the weight! ALL of it. I'm the same...almost! :) Pretty close! :) So, KARMA. This message is warning to shirece's friend who is a boy. Also, I've heard about the weirdness with the remote and my husband is also this way and our TV has been broken for two weeks now...more KARMA! What goes around comes around.
6 comments:
Funny, Tyler and I have never had this conversation! Right now we are both gaining! :)
Hey there! I was just looking at people's blog and stumbled across you two! How are you doing?
I love it Lisa!
Lis, The best part about this whole story is the picture...that is a good photo to prove the point that we need a lot of food to sustain us. The picture made me laugh the most, but maybe because I had already laughed about the story. I miss you for some reason...I even miss Matt a little bit, but just a little bit.
You talk about Karma - didn't you nickname a past lover "Twinkie boy" because of his weight?? You better watch out!!
Just Kidding-
Tyler
haha! I love it Lisa!!! That is super funny!!
Post a Comment