Monday, May 18, 2009

World's Most Expensive Teddy Bear!

Hey everyone! We have big news. A week and a half ago a friend called Matt and told him he had this brown bear hunt he was supposed to go on but couldn't. In the hunting world if you back out of hunt you lose the deposit, so obviously a lot of it had already been paid. Well we debated back and forth but couldn't pass up the good deal. So we got him on a plane the next day on his way to ALASKA- Kodiak Island to be specific. It was quite the adventure for him. I'll post some pics of the scenes and of the bear. If Matt's motivated enough he can write the story later- Of course he's always got a good dramatic story! :) I hope you enjoy. It looked beautiful that's for sure.






Matt Flying on the little plane that took him to the hunting spot!





A big bear that he had to try to scare away so it wouldn't eat him while he took care of his bear.





And finally, Matt's big big teddy bear. I just can't believe how big this things is. It's over 10 feet tall. That's big incase you're wondering!


And this is the much cheaper brown bear that I bought for Matt. I gave it to him with a note that said, "I'm so glad you got a brown bear on this hunt. Unfortunately we our out of money and space so this stuffed bear will have to do!" hahahaha Of course Matt will move our couch, bed and stove out of the house before giving up an animal! I have a feeling that giant teddy bear will be what greets you when you walk in our house! Hopefully it will at least scare off the bad guys!









8 comments:

Shirece said...

What Lisa forgot to tell everyone that while Matt was gone...she watched every high school musical more than once like three times. You may ask how I know this and it is because I couldn't even say one thing to her on the phone without her breaking in to a song from high school musical. For example i would say the word fabulous and she would break in a H.s. Musical song that had the word fabulous in it. I wouldn't say I was annoyed...just really couldn't have a conversatioin with her.

Shirece said...

P.S. that is one fatty fatty teddy bear

Shirece said...

By the way that was a nice little trick you played...."Hey everyone...we have big news!" Are you pregnant?

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

Congratulations Matt

Anonymous said...

Hahah that's a pretty cool trip! It would scare me so much to be around those big animals though- don't know how Matt does it!

The Cox Family said...

congratulations Matt on your bear and to Lisa for surviving one more hunt. Ha Ha. (Mom will appreciate that comment huh) Can't wait to see you guys. I hope I get greated by a bear in the entry way. Shirlyn

Aapree said...

That's awesome!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OK- I think it's so cool that he killed a bear! I've been in a house where someone stuffed the entire bear in standing position, with it's claws out, and it looked really cool! And it was huge! The lady was really paranoid about what people would think- but everyone loves it and thinks its so cool! I love what you did with the stuffed animal- that was my thinking, "are they going to stuff it?" how long does it take to stuff?