Sunday, June 13, 2010

super fun weekend

Matt and I had a super fun weekend. We started it out right with a Friday night trip to Sprinkles (a cupcakes only store). Mike and Jess went with us and we ended up with a dozen cupcakes! Yummy. They were multiflavored such as key-lime, strawberry, pumpkin, red velvet, etc. I think the red velvet was my favorite. Then we went to PF Chang's for dinner...forgot how great that place is. Then Saturday we got up early to make the long drive up to our friend Bryant's "graduation" from residency. It was really nice and we are so excited for him. I felt bad because I brought the camera but left the card! So typical of me. So no pics of that. He obviously is so excited and will soon be joining us back in Phoenix as an ER doc. Congrats to him!


6 comments:

Cindy Anderson said...

Lisa...didn't you forget to mention it was your BIRTHDAY on Saturday?!?! Happy Belated B-day!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

those cupcakes are so cute! My beef with cupcakes are: I love the idea of making them so cute, but I really dont' like frosting that much. am I the only one that's not crazy about frosting? I just noticed the above comment- happy birthday!

Emily said...

Lisa - Happy Birthday! Also that is way exciting for Bryant, tell him congrats from us when you see him next.

The Cox Family said...

YUMMY!!! Cant wait to see you soon Shirlyn

AMY AND MIKEY said...

lisa, I just read your comment- thankyou!- the glazing is so easy! Don't be afraid of it! It looks intimidating, but it's not, it's one of those things that once you do it, you'll want to glaze everything in your house! The can of glaze is spendy- it's 15, BUT- you don't even put a dent into it after a project, it will probably last me for life! So you'll be able to use it for all your projects you want to do. I wish so much we lived by eachother, because I know you would craft with me! We just moved here, and I went to a R.S. quilting group last night (for humanitarian) , and I said- " so would any of you consider doing a quilting group- but doing your own quilts?" and they all looked at me like I was crazy, and I'm like, "We would still do these!- we'd do our 2 humanitarian, and then when we finish those, start working on our own quilts," and they all looked at me like it was bad to do something for "ourselves" and not humanitarian! I was so dissapointed, because I love to sew with other people. for decorating, one thing that I did that made a big difference, was I took ALL my frames from college, highschool, wedding gifts, all of them, and I painted them all teh same color- it works on plastic, metal and wood- paint kilz primer on them first, and it will look milky, like it's not working, but just trust me, and then paint them whatever color you want- I lay down a huge plastic sheet on my livign room floor and watch a movie and do that. And then make a collage with them. But seriously Lisa I don't even know why you would need my help, you are just as crafty as I am! It would be so fun to live by eachother!

The Hansens said...

Yummy! Those look absolutely delicious! I am all about fantastic bakeries! Congrats to Bryant--yeah!