Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Every year I get so excited to go back to my parents to celebrate the 4th small town style. This was the first year that Matt would be able to celebrate here as well so I was extra excited to show him how to really celebrate the 4th. It turned out to be a smaller 4th than usual but still super fun. Here are some pics in no particular order.
The kiddos riding the train at the carnival. The carnival is super fun with little games and a lot of good food such as cotton candy and snow cones.
Every year after the parade and carnival we end to Grandma's to continue the celebration with a family BBQ. The kids had fun playing on the slippin' slide and everyone had fun catching up.

All the kiddos before the parade. Last year all of the kids got a huge bag full of candy so I wasn't sure the bags I brought would be big enough. The parade was smaller this year so there was plenty of room.

Matt and I before the parade.

This was actually the main event for us. Rick found out that we were having a Neil Diamond impersonator coming the night of the 2nd with the fireworks. He talked us all into going and it was really fun. We had a lot of fun joking around, dancing and singing "Sweet Caroline." Afterwards we bought a CD to have it signed as a surprise for Rick and then made everyone gather in for a picture. We had so much fun! We've also done other fun things on the trip so I'll post more later!!!

4 comments:

Sorensen Family said...

Jay seems to be holding Shirece very close in that photo! Any back-stage fireworks?

Cindy Anderson said...

Yeah...I was a little disappointed in this year's celebration. It definitley was low-key compared to other years. Tell Matt he'll have to come next year so Gunnison Valley can redeem itself.

LuAnn Sorensen said...

Wow I guess I really missed out even though I was in Gunnison hee hee hee.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha- that is so funny about neil diamond- he is my dad's favorite, what a crack up. You look SO GORGEOUS in the pic of you and Matt in that blue tank top- you look so good! That's fun that you got to show matt how you did the 4th growing up. looks like alot of fun.