Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to You...LuAnn

This delicious looking cupcake is for you on your birthday.

My Happy Birthday Tribute to Auntie LuAnnie....In honor of LuAnn on this special day I would like to post a few of my favorite Aunt LuAnn moments. LuAnn has always been the fun adventurous aunt. She's always ready for a great trip or adventure. Here are my favorite things about LuAnn.

1. She taught me I need to try new things...such as food. I typically like bland, all American foods such as pizza, hamburgers, french fries, etc. Just the basics. I think in spite of me, every time we went out she would make me try something new or try a different type of food. And luckily for me, she made me go the Olive Garden. I had no idea what the Olive Garden was and I wasn't about to try it because that would be different. Now, it's been my favorite restaurant for 10 years running...and I know it's not all that "different," it just was for me 10 years ago. In fact, I may have officially surpassed her in trying new foods...I have officially tried sushi...even the raw kind!


2. LuAnn taught all of us at an early age how to judge a cowboy's butt as he is bull riding. She taught us to sit right where they come out of the shoot so you can get a good look and they can hear you when you yell out "10." (I was really looking hard for the pictures of LuAnn's birthday cake that year when we put a cowboys butt on the cake! :))
3. LuAnn has showed me how to vacation and get the most of out it. For those of
you who don't know LuAnn is a renowned world wide traveler. She has been almost all over the world and had she been able to bribe someone to go the Antarctic with her this winter she would be on her way there! LuAnn taught me how to learn to explore new areas, find things to do wh
en you're in a foreign place, how to stop for pictures and make sure you document the trip well.

Other things I love about LuAnn:
-- She trips, falls or stumbles on every trip. In Canada it was a curb, at my house it was the step, in St. George it's a bike or more stairs. :)
--I also love that LuAnn is not afraid to flirt with the young boys, even if she's "not even liquored up yet!"
--LuAnn is always taking care of others. She's the first one with a meal to a friend/family membe in need.
--LuAnn unselfishly makes a quilt for everyone of her nieces/nephews who get married and for their babies.


I'm sure there are many many more things I, and all of you (family/friends) could add. Feel free to leave a comment on why you love LuAnn.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISSY!!!!!



5 comments:

Shirece said...

Well some of the things LuAnn has taught me are to multi-task especailly while on the phone...Its okay to go to the bathroom and talk on the phone. Also I have learned its okay to laugh at your own jokes!!!

Cindy Anderson said...

I LOVE this post on Louie!! She has taught me:
1. that bikes are AWESOME,
2. it's okay to swear in the temple parking lot,
2. Texas Roadhouse rolls are the BEST,
3. and how to "saddle up" and enjoy the ride!
Happy Birthday, Louie Pouie

Nanette said...

This is a good post! Let's see. . things I have learned from Looie.

1. Getting lost in Florence or missing the bus in Venice is okay. No need to panic. :)

2. If it's a 1000 ft elevation climb up a mountain, it's okay to stop every 200 feet for a break.

3. Don't talk to strange Italian men in Assisi.

4. Bargaining with the Egyptian men in the market can be fun.

5. It's okay to chase hot Greek joggers.

6. When taking overnight flights - it's best if you wear shiny, sparkly pajama botttoms for maximum plane comfort.

I think my list could go on and on! Thanks for the great adventures Looie! So. . . what new lessons are you going to teach me in Peru? :)

Anonymous said...

Wait just a minute. I don't wear my shiny pj on overnight flights! Thats a bit too creative.

Nanette said...

Your shiny ones that are gray and blue? I think you do :) That, or I've been hallucinating while on these flights. Which is a possibility after being sleep deprived.