Last trip of the sumer...I think...I might try to get one more in! :) Right after we got back from California Matt had to go to Tucson to get some dental work done so we made a day of it. We met up with his friends John and Kellan for dinner and a bike ride. We had to pick John up from his job at the bio-sphere. He was doing an interview for NPR so we tagged along and got a private tour. I can't really explain what it is but the nutshell version is a long time ago they created this structure to see if they could replicate it in space. These scientists lived in this building, sealed off for a whole year. I think there's a movie based on it with Polly Shore. Anyway, needless to say that didn't pan out- I think they all went cray- and now it's a big research place. They have all different environments like desert, rain forest, etc. and they do research. You can google it if you want to know more. Let's put this way...Rick would probably really enjoy it! :)

This is the end of the trail we were riding. It was really intimidating at first becasue I thought for sure I was going to fall right off into a cactus. They were only like a foot apart in some parts.







1 comment:
Fun, fun! Definitely get one more trip in before your summer ends!
Post a Comment