Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cattle Drive

Shortly after Matt arrived in Utah I started hearing "rumors" that there might be a cattle drive that week. Now, even though I grew up on a farm, farming is not in my blood and I initially tried to steer (no pun intended) us clear of the cattle drive. But I knew it was really happening on Thursday morning when I received a Peppy wake up call at 5:58 in the morning from LuAnn. LuAnn: "GOOD MORNING!" (Peppy)
Me: "It must be the cattle drive today." (Groggy)
Well, we didn't go just yet....
Flash forward to 8:15
Dad: "You guys get ready, I'm going to take you up to the cattle drive..."
There was no way out...we were going!!!

Well, I'm glad we went. We really did have fun. Right at the end it started pouring. Don't worry though, all of those cowboys came prepared with rain gear.

Jarvis Supervising...



I missed one important picture: My dad outdid everyone on his 100 horsepower ride (4-wheeler). He has created his own job of helping the cars get through the road by following him on the 4-wheeler!

I have to tell you a funny story about this. Jared (cow owner) and Matt kept teasing each other about who was going to send who the bill. Then a couple of days later I read in a travel magazine..."Have you mastered Angry Birds (which Matt has) and looking for a new adventure? Then a cattle drive might just be the vacation you're looking for!" TOO FUNNY. They charged $750 for three nights...I guess Matt owes Jared!

No comments: