Thursday, July 14, 2011

Life is good at the Beach!


Last weekend Matt (don't know why this is underlining everything I write) and I went to California with our friends Mike and Jess to help their brother move from the San Diego area to the LA area. It was super fun and a great excuse to get away from the heat for a few more days. We worked hard to move him quickly so we could play just as hard.

The first place we went was the coast in Oceanside. It was so pretty. We went to the pier for dinner and the Harbor for dessert!!

This was a super cute little bakery that Jason introduced us too. Lots of yummy desserts (that we had as an appetizer for breakfast).

The next day we went to Newport Beach (only 15 minutes from where Jason lives). We found some cool shops including this surf shop. It totally looks like a dump and then when you walk in it just goes on forever with "cool" surfer clothes and equipment. I talked Matt into getting some new clothes here so he looks a little more 'in style' now! :)
The following are just pics from the beach. I just love the ocean. I could sit and watch the waves come in for hours. There's something very relaxing about the ocean to me!





No comments: