Thursday, November 29, 2012

Carter's Blessing

We blessed Carter on November 4th.  It turned out to be a great day even after our 100 miscommunications. :) I won't even go into that but in the end it worked out and we had a lot of family/friends able to attend.  We decided to do it before church and not during sacrament meeting.  In the end I'm so glad we did it this way.  It was very special and very personal and I thought it turned out great.  I decided to do it at the church vs. in our home because I thought that would at least maintain a higher level of reverence and respect and no one would think they could come in jeans or casual clothes! :)  It definitely turned out to be perfect.   She ended up sleeping through it....I was very nervous about that. However, I think Matt would have appreciated a crying baby so nobody would be able to hear him! :) Afterwards we had a great family dinner. 
My mom definitely needs to take credit for the success of this day.  I thought for sure I could make her blessing dress and of course got way in over my head.  I finally just waited for her to come and she helped me finish it!  It took way longer than I thought but I think it turned out super cute!   My mom also made all the salads for the day which turned out to be a big hit.  She makes the best potato salad ever.  I wish I had pictures of the food but it turned out to be too crazy to get any. 
















4 comments:

Victor and Jennika said...

Absolutely beautiful dress! I'm so impressed you made it! She looks so peaceful!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

She is adorable. You look great too. That first picture of you is VERY flattering- you look like a skinny minny in it. I'm so glad you're family got to come to the blessing.

Cindy Anderson said...

Love the Turkey Trot idea! If I was around, I would have joined in. :) My visits home always seems so rushed. So wish we would have had time to come visit you and Cute Carter!!! I guess I'll just have to meet her via your blog for now... :)

jon♥kara said...

Dress, baby, pictures all adorable!