Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jingle Bell Run

Well, I started the holiday season with a great attitude, thanks to The Polar Express, but I quickly became a Scrooge! Matt was gone the entire month guiding (not to mention the two months before that) and I just felt like Carter and I were missing out on all the fun Christmas things. I hadn't been able to do any Christmas shopping or anything "fun" in my eyes! :) To top off my whoa unto me story I got put in charge of my ward Relief Society Christmas Party at the last minute thanks to a ward change! So I was little bitter!





(Side Note: This picture has nothing to do with the Jingle Bell Run but this is the hot chocolate bar we put together for our Relief Society Dinner.  For a split second I was feeling pretty good about things and then right at 6:00 when the meeting was scheduled to begin those lights above came CRASHING down.  They of course shattered and it was way too late to fix it!  You win some and loose some huh?
Also, this party stressed me out so bad that I came down with strep throat 2 days later!)

 Around the middle of December I realized how awful my attitude was and that we needed to change it. So to combine something fun and something nice we went to run The Jingle Bell Run. It wasn't until the 21st so Matt was able come with me! It was a fun family 5K but it was also a charity event where you could donate toys and I think the proceeds went to Charity. Afterwards we did our own little service project and I felt much better! Yes, a little service (and a good run) :) goes a long way!!!



No comments: