Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Polar Express

We kicked off the Christmas season with a trip to the North Pole with Matt's family. Matt was guiding so just Carter and I tagged along. I was a little nervous because I didn't think Carter would be interested but she ended up doing great and absolutely LOVED it. We went to the Grand Canyon Railroad station in Williams, AZ. They take you on this train ride to the North Pole which they have a whole little village set up with Christmas lights and Santa out on his sleigh. On your way to the North Pole they serve you hot chocolate, cookies and read you the story. Once you reach the North Pole, Santa comes on the train and gives each of the kids a bell and then on the way home everyone sings Christmas Carols! Carter and I LOVED it. She thought everything was so funny and loved watching the kids. She loved Santa from a distance but wanted NOTHING to do with him up close. We definitely can't wait to go back and take Daddy!
On the way up we stopped at a little deer farm. Carter liked to look at the animals as long as she was in your arms. She wan't nothing to do with deer standing on her own two feet! :)




No comments: